500 gm Koi Fish
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Chili powder 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1tsp Ginger paste
1 very small onion paste
6 -8Green chillies
250 gm Mustard oil
1 Bay leaf
Salt to taste
• Wash the fish properly and apply salt and turmeric to it, keep aside for a while.
• Heat oil in a pan and fry the fishes, set them aside.
• Add remaining oil in the pan and sauté the bay leaf, 2 slit chilies, cumin and ginger.
• Combine ginger paste, onion paste, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder with it, mix well.
• Fry it well till the oil separates.
• Add a cup of water, salt and the rest of the chillies, stir well.
• Add all the fish and simmer it in low flame till it almost dries up and the oil separate.
• Remove Tel Koi from the fire and serve it with white rice.