|Doodh Puli Pithe|
• 1 coconut .
• 1 cup sugar / 1 cup Nolen Gur (date jaggery)
• 2 cup Rice flour...
• 2 tblsp. plain flour (Maida)
• 1 litr milk.
• 10 gms raisins
• 10 gms cashewnut
• 1 tsp. cardamom powder.
• Bay leaf.
• Rose water(optional)
1. Heat a Pan and add grated coconut and mix with sugar/nolen gur (I used nolen gur) and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep it aside after little bit sticky.
2. Now again heat a Pan and add Rice flour. Stir for about 10 minutes. Take it out in an bowl and add plain flour to that. Now add Hot water and knead well to make dough.
3. Make small balls from the dough, spread each ball with hand and stuff the coconut sugar mixture into it. Fold it and seal the edges so that filling doesn't come out to get the shape of 'Puli' as in the picture.
4. Heat a pan and add milk. boil the milk for some time so that it get reduce to half. Add sugar, bay leaf and cardamom powder. cook for a couple of minutes. Now add the pulies to the milk slowly and cover it and let it cook for about 15 minutes with stirring in between. Add raisins and cashew nuts and if you want mix some rose water.
Take it out in a serving tray. Serve cold
Recipe By - Manna Majumder